Bela's Music Blog

Hi, I'm Bela, and thanks for visiting my blog! Stay up-to-date with my happenings in the music world. As a singer, performer, and recording artist in the indian music scene, I hope to keep my friends and fans in the loop with my new blog. Your comments are welcome. Enjoy!

February 08, 2007

Ghazal shows












The first one picture was taken at the Ustad Hamid Ali Khan concert in NJ. The second one was taken when I performed in Detroit, MI, along with the ever popular Munni Begum and Asif Ali... and yes, that is me playing the harmonium!

Every time I went to India for a visit as a child, I would take music lessons and learn as much as I could in a short period of time. After that, it's my father who taught me perfection, be it singing or playing my harmonium, due to which I have been capable of performing with such accomplished artists, be it in ghazals or pop/bhangra/folk genres.

I love ghazals... love listening to them and performing them. As much as I love the excitement and thrill of singing pop, bhangra and folk, there's a different sentiment in singing ghazals... the complex, lyrical, and melodious tunes of this age old form of South Asian music brings about a certain serenity within me and I lose myself in it, even when I'm on stage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home